Tuesday 21 December 2010

A Christmas Card, a Donation and a Telephone Call

What a good day. I received an e mail from Paul with a link saying that we had our first donation on our 'Just Giving Web Site'. I looked it up straight away and saw that one of my oldest mates Bob Cottle had put in a pledge.
I have not seen Bob and his wife Sarah for a number of years since Sarah had got her dream job as head mistress of the only school on the Channel Island of Sark.
Val and I had just sent a Christmas Card to them with a note to google - PAULANDGARYAREMAD. Bob had looked it up and placed the donation. This prompted a much overdue phone call to him and a chance to catch up on how they were getting on. Thanks Bob and Sarah, it certainly seems that you have a great life over there.

No comments:

Post a Comment