Thursday 17 February 2011

Mid Feb....

It is February. The wind drives the rain, the rain obscures your vision, the cold freezes your fingers and toes, the mud covers you and your bike... and hides the potholes.....

No question, its tough out there, I keep telling myself that the hardship now will make things easier later on... but! .... It's bloody miserable most days!

To make matters worse my winter bike is annoying me - Ok its old and battered and creaky but its developed a few new noises of late. I thought it was probably the build up of mud and salt so I decided to clean it. That just seemed to make things worse - and the noises are hard to identify; sometimes they seem to be emanating from the back wheel, or is it the bottom bracket? - wait, maybe its the front wheel, or is it the front mech? - it's impossible to pinpoint. Anyway its going to have to be taken to the doctors.
Leicestershire - 16/02/2011

My mission/goal for February is to ride every day. It seemed like a good challenge. And here we are Feb 17th and I'm on course. Total mileage so far is 287 - I'm hoping for 400 plus which will be okay for a 28 day month at this time of year.

Yesterday was a great sunrise here. I took a snap on my iPhone...

1 comment: