Tuesday 4 October 2011

Funds still growing....

It's confusing. I had retrieved my long-sleeved jersey and windproof leggings from the back of the wardrobe, in fact I'd been out wearing them for a couple of rides. Then, suddenly, someone turned the heater on again.

Cate and I were away for a long weekend in Brighton - last time I went to Brighton was, I think, late 70s - I cycled London to Brighton with my mate Mick Kelly on the British Heart Foundation ride. I don't remember much about it really. This time we were staying in a basement flat just on the Brighton/Hove border - surrounded by a myriad of bars, wonderful patisseries, quirky shops ... and the sea.

It was a wonderful few days. We were in walking distance of Brighton, we visited the Royal Pavillion, enjoyed the street markets and shops around The Laines, we eat some wonderful food; Spanish Tapas, Sourdough, Cheese and Wine, Eggs Benedict, some tasty kebabs.... There was a lively French style bar just around the corner where we enjoyed Cider from Normandy, numerous large glasses of Pastis and fine Burgundy. We had access to a couple of mountain bikes which we made use of. Brighton is a cycle-friendly area - there're cycle paths everywhere. Cycles and cyclists are everywhere too - it really feels like some sort of adult, bohemian, college campus. We thought it was great - we'll definitely be going back. But the weather. Wow!! - so hot.

As the year enters its last quarter and autumn creeps upon us I am amazed that our fundraising efforts are still producing fruit. It is now over three months since we completed Land's End to John O'Groats and yet we are still gathering contributions - thank you all, for your kindness and generosity.

Our total raised is now £6,620.19

No comments:

Post a Comment