Thursday 24 February 2011

It's like summer!!!!!

Wow! - what a beautiful day!

Suddenly, after all the rain, frost, wind, snow..... a day comes along that really raises your spirits. And today was that day.

The sun was shining, the sky was crystal clear,not only that it was actually warm too. I couldn't resist it - I sloped off work at 2.30pm, got my shorts out and..... wait for it.... the new Trek!!!

Immediately it all felt sooooo good. The bike was comfortable, the roads were dry and clear and I seemed to fly! I was bombing along with a smile on my face enjoying every minute. I covered 26 miles at an average of 16.9mph - pretty good considering the hills and all the stops and starts at junctions etc. Top speed was 34mph slowest about 10mph. The only problem i had was my saddle worked itself loose somehow? - and I forgot my tool kit - by the end I was slipping off the back and it was rather uncomfortable - but its fixed now and I'm looking forward to the same again very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment